Medical Waste Disposal Services in Arizona
By definition, medical waste is any material or instrument that may have come in close contact with bodily fluids or infectious materials. With such a broad definition, it’s easy to understand the need for extensive rules to regulate the treatment and containment of medical waste management in Arizona. A number of governing agencies are trying to work together and navigate the intricacies of the medical waste disposal process in Arizona. These intricacies are best split in two categories - the disposal of medical sharps or needles and other medical waste disposal.
Arizona Medical Waste Management - Choosing the Right Company
Because needles and other sharp instruments may have been inserted directly into the body, they must be treated with more care and concern. These instruments have a higher risk of infection and contamination, they need to be discarded in one of two ways.
- The most widely used is that of separation. In this instance, the sharp instrument is placed in a labeled, puncture-proof container that is then disposed of through methods specified by state standards.
- The second option for disposal of "sharps" is through mitigation of infectivity. This method involves the instrument going through an extensive cleaning process, which may include steam or intense heat. Once the sterilization process is complete, the needle or instrument is then destroyed further through incineration or a similar process by a local Arizona medical waste management provider.
Any medical waste outside of "sharps" is disposed of through incineration. The material or substance of concern is simply put in an oven that reaches incredible temperatures to render the waste unrecognizable. The specifics of this process differ from state to state.
Some Arizona officials have raised concerns about the emissions created by the incinerators. These concerns have led to other options being made available for medical waste management in Arizona. Some of these options include thermal treatment, steam sterilization, electropyrolysis, chemical mechanical systems, among others. As with incineration, the specific directions for these processes are created and upheld by local officials.
Our network of medical waste management providers in Arizona offer:
- Affordable Medical Waste Management in Arizona
- OSHA Compliant Medical Waste Disposal
- EPA Compliant Medical Waste Management Services in Arizona
It’s important to remember that medical waste can and does pose a significant potential threat to both people and the environment. So the standards and procedures set forth by any governing body must be followed to ensure safety and security for all.
To compare medical waste management services in Arizona, get a free quote
Actual Medical Waste Management Services Customer Requests in AZ
What service are you interested in?
Medical Waste Disposal
Roughly how many containers will need to be serviced?
How often would you like service?
One-time or Annual